Composite, colorful, original! The beauty of the fancy yarns is in the “special” effects that they are able to create on the textures of handmade garments. Hollywood, Los Angeles, Oscar, Surf: the first 4 yarns that we introduce you, all included in the Lana Gatto fashion collection, are a reminder of California and its suggestions. The fifth one, Paillettes, announces its characteristic in the name itself: many small sequins for a thin yarn that gives shine and glamor.
Creativity and style
Composed of one or more natural fibers, with the addition in some cases of techno fiber percentages, the fancy yarns fill this summer with creativity and charm. Worked with needles and crochet, even without resorting to elaborate motifs, they create brilliant and surprising textures. A few examples? There is the sheath dress, with a straight line but with a shiny texture. Then there is the fuchsia top, a garment that “lights up” thanks to the small and numerous sequins.
There is also the rainbow T-shirt, with its striped effect shades. And finally, there is the Tenerife style jacket, a refined crochet model in bright printed colors.
Trendy in a few simple steps!
With fancy yarns you don’t have to worry about looking for elaborate shapes or stitches: the singularity of each effect will make the model you will work unique and fashionable. Find the fancy that best interprets your style!
- Try the Los Angeles yarn if you are looking for a printed palette with a glossy-matt effect.
- If you like stripes or multicolor choose Oscar, a shiny and full-bodied yarn that is also well suited to work accessories.
- If you want to give the textures of your garments a discreet shine, explore the plain colors with a subtle bright soul of the Hollywood yarn.
- If you love mélange pastel shades use Surf, a compact yarn with a light and delicate bouclé effect.
- If you are looking for the most classic and successful brilliant effect, the perfect choice is the Paillettes yarn.
- If you love mix & match looks, mix and combine the creations made with Los Angeles and Oscar yarns – which we presented here – with those made using Malibù, Rodeo Drive and Venice yarns: the 5 fashion items have been deliberately thought to be mixed in always different outfits.